Recertification is a federal EHR regulatory requirement.
Recertification requirements include:
• $85 recertification fee/year
• 3 Continuing Medical Education (CME) hours, as approved by ACMSS
CMS has requested the following toward EHR audit compliance:
• A copy of your CMS/MLN certificate, or
• Documentation of the contact hours spent in the training
• CMS Meaningful Use Personnel Audit Compliance Document(s)
In meeting EHR compliance with CMS, ACMSS will request copies of these if you are selected for verification of the CEUs listed on your renewal form. Any certificate (including Certificate of Completion) for a CMS/MLN training will be accepted. You do not need a CEU certificate.
Each trainee or student will
• create a complimentary account with Medicare Learning Network
• choose courses from MLN Catalog
• Select minimum of one (1) course from Prevention category
• Complete three (3) total hours during 1-year certification period
• Remit copy of completed course to ACMSS (email@example.com)
Enclosed is a link to MLN Catalog and ACMSS Recertification page.
MLN Setup Account Instructions
Create Complimentary MLN Account
Choose from Medicare Learning Network Catalog