ACMSS Builds CMS Compliant Physician/CMSS Teams™
- CAAHEP Medical Scribe Specialist™ Accreditation
- Implementation & Compliance Consulting
- MSCAT™ Credentialing Training Program
- MSCAT™ National Certification Exam
- CMS Credentialing Provider
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Provider
ACMSS accepts CMS calls, events, webinars, and web-based training courses as programs that may be used to meet the continuing education requirement for ACMSS credential holders.
The following shows the length of the training in relation to the amount of CEUs ACMSS will award as well as the corresponding index number:
- Less than 30 minutes: .5 CEU, Index# CMS06140727A
- Anything greater than 30 minutes and up to 60 minutes: 1 CEU, Index #CMS06140728A
- Anything greater than 60 minutes and up to 90 minutes: 1.5 CEU, Index #CMS06140729A
- Anything greater than 90 minutes and up to 120 minutes: 2 CEU, Index #CMS06140730A
Note: For WBTs the number of contact hours/minutes is located in title. And on all certificate types.
When submitting a CMS completed training to ACMSS as part of your recertification, please retain:
- A copy of your CMS/MLN certificate, or
- Documentation of the contact hours spent in the training
- CMS Meaningful Use Personnel Audit Compliance Document(s)
ACMSS will request copies of these if you are selected for verification of the CEUs listed on your renewal form. Any certificate (including Certificate of Completion) for a CMS/MLN training will be accepted. You do not need a CEU certificate.
Registering for a National Provider Call to Obtain Credit
You must register for the call through our registration website if you plan to request credit from your professional association.
For more information about what you need to do to obtain credit from ACMSS, see the Recertification Section on ACMSS’s website.