MACRA Law Compliance
The American College of Medical Scribe Specialists, a 501 (c)(6) non-profit organization founded in 2010, is the nation’s only medical scribe certification body and voice, upheld with complying with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Measures and Stage 3 Objectives.
- CMS audit compliant documentation required of Physician/Administrators/Individuals
- 12-month issuance of ‘live’ CMS certification and compliance
- Industry standardized e-MSCAT Clinical Training/Resource Manual
- Industry Standardized HIPAA for Scribes e-Clinical Training/Operations Assessment
- Live ACMSS Webinars
- Access to Continuing Scribe Education (CSE) Units
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Units
- CMSS Clinical Communique
- Advanced clinical documentation ‘CMSS’ Credential Implementation
- Implementation protocols for MACRA law, focused on stage 3 criteria
- Secure American Healthcare Document and 2 Systems Design utilizing Physician/CMSS Teams across healthcare
MACRA LAW/CMS COMPLIANCE: “CMS has asked that each provider or practice maintain a copy of the CMSS Specialist crosswalk and CMSS Compliance Certificate document in their files, just as they would retain documentation outlining their individual approach and method, as well as staffing protocols for audit purposes.”
VOLUME DISCOUNTS/AGREEMENTS: ACMSS offers volume-discounts across all specialties across healthcare. Contact ACMSS Leadership for volume-purchase review and agreement(s). Agreements are across healthcare/academic institutions. Contact ACMSS Business Development Team for customized review.
MACRA LAW STANDARDIZED CERTIFICATION PACKAGES: *Effective January 1, all accounts include:
- 1st-year 12-month issued CMS CMSS Credential
- MSCAT Specialty Clinical Certification
- Standardized e-MSCAT Clinical Training/Resource Manual
- Standardized e-HIPAA for Scribes Video/Clinical Training Operation Assessment/Certificate
ACMSS has a no refund policy. All purchases are final and any changes to purchases or payments will be reutilized into nonprofit credits to be applied toward additional certifications, recertifications, training, Continuing Medical Education, and/or product to advance the needs of the nation.
* REQUIREMENTS: Re-certification is annual and will renew automatically. All individuals will receive a notice of upcoming renewal at which time CMSS personnel have the option to cancel prior to renewal. Upon renewal payment date, all renewals are final for the year. Recertification is required by Governing Board of ACMSS and in meeting CMS and MACRA Law requirements.
*Volume Certification Purchases are applied to Individuals through in-account management process, Practice Administrator(s) and/or Physician(s) apply to personnel.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION COMPLIANCE, RECERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (Year 2+):
Accounts must maintain annual recertification and 3 hours of Continuing Scribe Education in a 1-year period. Recertification Renewals include 12-month issued CMS Compliance certificate(s), maintaining active and valid credentials for account verification for CMS audit compliance purposes, meeting MACRA law and ACMSS Governing Board policies and protocols.
REINSTATING LAPSED CERTIFICATIONS: Individuals need to maintain requirements for valid certification and credentials. Contact Support for recertification reinstatement.
ACMSS Intellectual Property: ©2017ACMSS.
All materials presented on this website are the sole and exclusive property of ACMSS. These materials may be used by individually licensed account holder. ACMSS prohibits for any reason intellectually licensed material to be used by persons not affiliated or certified by ACMSS credentialing body. All materials are copyrighted, exclusive and sole property of ACMSS, and not to be copied, reproduced, distributed, or trademarked in any way. ACMSS requires active recertification to maintain access to licensed material. Accounts must remain in good standing with ACMSS, which includes recertification compliance and renewals fee paid.
All material is confidential and agree that you will not copy, reproduce, or otherwise disclose it to anyone who is not an ACMSS credential holder in good standing. If ACMSS certification lapses, or is terminated for any reason, licensee further agrees to cease any use of ACMSS proprietary intellectual property, materials, programs, or pathways and to destroy any copies in licensee or facilities possession. Licensed personnel acknowledge that breach of this agreement will cause ACMSS irreparable injury and that ACMSS shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any such breach in addition to monetary damages, without the necessity of posting a bond. The prevailing party in any action to enforce this agreement shall be entitled to recover its costs, including attorneys’ fees. By accessing this document, licensee agrees that venue and jurisdiction for any claim arising from or relating to any breach of this agreement shall be properly and exclusively venued in the state or federal courts located in Orange County, California and that California law applies.
In no event will ACMSS be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
ALL PURCHASES ARE FINAL. CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES HAVE A ZERO DOLLAR ($0.00) CASH VALUE. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.
INDIVIDUALS ARE PURCHASING ANNUAL PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION LICENSING AGREEMENTS THROUGH ACMSS FOR CMS COMPLIANCE PURPOSES.
All material is Intellectual Property of ACMSS. Do NOT copy or distribute proprietary information. See full disclaimer