MACRA Law Compliance
The American College of Medical Scribe Specialists, a 501 (c) (6) non-profit organization founded in 2010, is the nation’s only medical scribe accredited certification body and voice, upheld with complying with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Measures and Stage 3 Objectives.
- CMS audit compliant documentation required of Physician/Administrators/Individuals
- 12-month issuance of ‘live’ CMS certification and compliance documentation
- Industry standardized e-MSCAT Training/Resource Manual
- Industry Standardized HIPAA for Scribes e-Training/Operations Assessment
- Live ACMSS Webinars
- Access to Continuing Scribe Education Units
- Continuing Medical Education Units
- Membership Communication
- Full scope ‘CMSS’ Credential Implementation of 21st Century Personnel
- Implementation protocols for MACRA law, focused on stage 3 criteria
- Secure American Healthcare Document and 2 Systems Design utilizing Physician/CMSS Teams across healthcare
MACRA LAW/CMS COMPLIANCE: “CMS has asked that each provider or practice maintain a copy of the CMSS Specialist crosswalk and CMSS Compliance Certificate document in their files, just as they would retain documentation outlining their individual approach and method, as well as staffing protocols for audit purposes.”
VOLUME DISCOUNTS/AGREEMENTS: ACMSS offers volume-discounts across all specialties across healthcare. Contact ACMSS Leadership for volume-purchase review and agreement(s). Agreements are across healthcare/academic institutions. Contact ACMSS Business Development Team for customized review.
MACRA LAW STANDARDIZED CERTIFICATION PACKAGES: *Effective January 1, all accounts include:
- 1st-year Membership
- MSCAT Specialty Certification
- Eligibility pathway of credential: CMSS/CMSA
- Standardized e-MSCAT Training/Resource Manual
- Standardized e-HIPAA for Scribes Video/Training Operation Assessment/Certificate
* REQUIREMENTS: Membership is annual and will renew automatically. All individuals will receive a notice of upcoming renewal at which time members have the option to cancel prior to renewal. Upon renewal payment date, all renewals are final for the year and in-account credit is applied for future purchases. Membership is required by Governing Board of ACMSS and in meeting CMS and MACRA Law requirements.
*Volume Membership Purchases are applied to Individuals through in-account management process, Practice Administrator(s) and/or Physician(s) apply to eligible personnel, per CMS requirements.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION COMPLIANCE, RECERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (Year 2+):
Accounts must maintain ANNUAL Membership and 3 hours of Continuing Scribe Education in a 1-year period. Membership Renewals include new ‘live’ 12-month issued CMS Compliance certificate(s), maintaining active and valid credentials for account verification for CMS audit purposes and meeting MACRA law and ACMSS Governing Board.
CREDIT POLICY: Account Credit is issued through written notification. Include Order # and email(s). Send refund requests to: email@example.com.
REINSTATING LAPSED CERTIFICATIONS: Individuals need to maintain requirements for valid certification and credentials. Contact Support.
ACMSS Intellectual Property: ©2017ACMSS.
All materials presented on this website are the sole and exclusive property of ACMSS. These materials may be used by active members of ACMSS but may NOT for any reason be used by persons not certified by ACMSS. All materials are copyrighted, exclusive and sole property of ACMSS, and not to be copied, reproduced, distributed, or trademarked in any way. ACMSS requires active membership to maintain access to licensed material so long as the account is in good standing with ACMSS, which includes membership renewals paid.
All material is confidential and agree that you will not copy, reproduce, or otherwise disclose it to anyone who is not an ACMSS member in good standing. If your ACMSS membership expires or is terminated for any reason, you further agree to cease any use of this document and to destroy any copies in your possession. You acknowledge that your breach of this agreement will cause ACMSS irreparable injury and that ACMSS shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any such breach in addition to monetary damages, without the necessity of posting a bond. The prevailing party in any action to enforce this agreement shall be entitled to recover its costs, including attorneys’ fees. By accessing this document you agree that venue and jurisdiction for any claim arising from or relating to any breach of this agreement shall be properly and exclusively venued in the state or federal courts located in Orange County, California and that California law applies.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
All material is Intellectual Property of ACMSS. Do NOT copy or distribute proprietary information. See full disclaimer
CMS has asked that each provider or practice retain a copy of the Specialist Crosswalk documentation in their files, just as they would retain documentation outlining their individual approach and method, as well as staffing protocols for audit purposes, meeting MACRA law.