Become a Medical Scribe
Enroll in the CMSS Medical Scribe Training Program. This flexible, fast-track educational program teaches all of the elements of medicolegal and clinical documentation functions related to mastering the foundational knowledge required of a Certified Medical Scribe Specialist (CMSS™) and becoming qualified to take the Medical Scribe Certification & Aptitude Test (MSCAT) examination.
The CMSS™ Comprehensive is ideally suited for:
- Recent Graduates
- High School Students
- Medical Students
- Medical Centers
- Healthcare Facilities
- Medical Offices
To enroll in the CMSS Educational program, click here
Those who are already medical assistants, venipuncturists, laboratory specialists, technicians and feel they have the appropriate medical knowledge may directly apply for taking the MSCAT examination. Click here to apply.
CLINICAL DUTIES OF A CERTIFIED MEDICAL SCRIBE INCLUDE:
- Clinical Documentation
- Obtaining patient vital signs
- Taking measurements
- Administering oral and parenteral medications
- Performing wound care
- Assisting during procedures
- Labeling and processing specimens
- Preparing for, performing, and monitoring EKGs
- Managing medical records
- Processing health insurance
- Clinical research
MEDICOLEGAL DUTIES OF A CERTIFIED MEDICAL SCRIBE INCLUDE
- Clinically document patient and clinical encounters
- Providing computerized provider order entry
- Assisting in clinical decision support
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) compliance
This is a 256 hour clock course. Most students finish within 1-4 months. Students have up to 6 months to complete the program. This program includes clinical training in patient care, medical office administration, phlebotomy, and EKG, in addition to patient advocacy, clinical education, training, clinical documentation and medicolegal compliance and also includes a student support adviser.
Facilities training 3 or more people: $2450/person
Click here to apply and purchase.