- Implementation & Compliance Consulting
- MSCAT Credentialing Training Program
- MSCAT National Certification Exam
- CMS Credentialing Provider
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Provider
ACMSS accepts CMS calls, events, webinars, and web-based training courses as programs that may be used to meet the continuing education requirement for ACMSS credential holders.
ACMSS/CMS Continuing Medical Education (CME) Partnership Requirements
• Annual $85 re-certification fee
• 3 hours of CME in one-year time. Choose from CMS MLN Catalog
• Remit proof to ACMSS
- Create a complimentary account with Medicare Learning Network
- Choose courses from MLN Catalog
- Remit copy of completed course to ACMSS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ACMSS approves of the following CMSCE Program for Credentialed Personnel:
The following shows the length of the training in relation to the amount of CEUs ACMSS will award as well as the corresponding index number:
- Less than 30 minutes: .5 CEU, Index# CMS06140727A
- Anything greater than 30 minutes and up to 60 minutes: 1 CEU, Index #CMS06140728A
- Anything greater than 60 minutes and up to 90 minutes: 1.5 CEU, Index #CMS06140729A
- Anything greater than 90 minutes and up to 120 minutes: 2 CEU, Index #CMS06140730A
Note: For Web-based Trainings the number of contact hours/minutes is located in title. And on all certificate types.
When submitting a CMS completed training to ACMSS as part of your recertification, please retain:
- A copy of your CMS/MLN certificate, or
- Documentation of the contact hours spent in the training
- CMS Meaningful Use CMSS Personnel Audit Compliance Certification Licensure Document(s)
- Re-Certification CMSS Certification Licensure Document(s)
“CMS has asked that each clinician/provider/practice retain a copy of the Specialist crosswalk and certification documentation in their files just as they would retain documentation outlining their individual approach and method, as well as staffing protocols for audit purposes.”
ACMSS will request copies of these if you are selected for verification of the CEUs listed on your renewal form. Any certificate (including Certificate of Completion) for a CMS/MLN training will be accepted. You do not need a CEU certificate.
Registering for a National Provider Call to Obtain Credit
You must register for the call through our registration website if you plan to request credit from your professional association.
For more information about what you need to do to obtain credit from ACMSS, see the Recertification Section on ACMSS’s website.