The Medical Scribe Specialist Review Board (MSSRB) is looking for members to fill its Board of Directors. The MSSRB is a Committee on Accreditation in the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) system. The purpose of the MSSRB is to cooperate with CAAHEP and the American College of Medical Scribe Specialists (ACMSS) to establish, maintain and promote appropriate standards of quality for educational programs for the medical scribe specialist and to provide recognition for educational programs that meet or exceed the minimum standards.
The MSSRB is looking to fill the following Board positions:
- Medical Scribe Specialist Position, CMSS
The following criteria must be met to serve on the MSSRB Board of Directors:
- Individuals must express a commitment to serve and fully participate in the Medical Scribe Specialist Review Board;
- Medical Scribe Specialists must hold the Certified Medical Scribe Specialist (CMSS) credential and have one (1) year of experience in the field;
Board Member Duties
- Board members serve on a volunteer basis;
- Attend and participate in MSSRB annual meeting;
- Attend and participate in conference call meetings, scheduled at least monthly (approximately 1 hour long);
- Participate in the evaluation and revision of the Standards and Guidelines used in evaluating educational programs;
- Participate in the evaluation and review of self-studies and/or annual reports submitted by medical scribe specialist programs for review/accreditation;
- Participate in recommending means by which the sponsors may favorably influence the quality and availability of education, as a service to the public and profession; and
- Participate in ad-hoc committees, as needed, to meet the changes occurring in the health care professions and accreditation.
Submit the following:
Letter of interest, CV, and at least two (2) professional references to MSSRB by Monday, February 20.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)