Instructions For Completing MSCAT™ Examination and Licensing Instructions
1. Go to https://TheACMSS.org
2. Click on “SIGN IN” at the top left of the screen.
3. Login using the username and password you were e-mailed when you registered for the MSCAT™ Examination.
4. Next, you will be redirected to the “MY ACCOUNT” page. You may update your contact information here.
5. To begin taking the MSCAT™ Examination, click on “CERTIFICATION ASSESSMENT” at the top of the page.
6. Each licensee is issued one medical specialty for MSCAT™ Examination. Click the name of the MSCAT™ Examination you choose to become licensed in.
7. After selecting the MSCAT™ Examination, you will next be directed to the MSCAT™ Affidavit page.
8. Sign the MSCAT™ Affidavit with the same email address the account is licensed for. Click submit.
9. Next, click the MSCAT™ Examination specialty you wish to take (i.e., General). The MSCAT™ Examination has been activated.
10. You will have 1 minute per question to take the MSCAT™ Examination. You must receive a score of 80% or higher to receive a passing score. There are 100 questions on the MSCAT™ Examination to successfully complete, earning at least an 80% or greater.
* As you complete each MSCAT™ Examination question, the numbered box will turn green.
* During the MSCAT™ Examination, you are eligible to “REVIEW” and flag questions you need to review or re-check prior to submitting the Final MSCAT™ Examination. NOTE: Once the MSCAT™ Examination has been submitted, the final score is your first MSCAT™ Examination attempt. The numbers you flag to review or return to will be indicated by the color ‘yellow’.
11. Once you have answered all 100 questions, push the “FINISH Certification” button to submit your exam.
12. The MSCAT™ Examination will be graded instantly and you will be eligible to see the MSCAT™ Examination score on the next screen.
If you receive an 80% or greater, the American College of Medical Scribe Specialists (ACMSS) will be issue you a 12-months individually licensed set of Certified Medical Scribe Specialist (CMSS) credentials. Additionally, you will be awarded a 12-months individually licensed MSCAT™ Examination certificate in compliance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to remit to your clinician. Select “Print Your Certificate” to download a copy of the CMSS certificate. You may print and access your certificate anytime by logging into the website at https://TheACMSS.org, My Account or Account Details, and scroll to Print Assessments.
13. If you did not receive an 80% or higher, select “Click Here To Continue” and you will be taken back to the MSCAT™ Examination Assessment screen to be eligible to retake the MSCAT™ Examination.